Quartz products are growing in popularity because they combine the durability of natural stone with the color consistency of a man-made product. One of the hardest substances, quartz countertops are manufactured using up to 94% quartz. The remainder is comprised of a resin binder that hardens with the quartz into a flawless countertop surface. The combination of the resin and quartz makes a nonporous finished product unlike any other countertop surface. Quartz countertops are also completely non-porous, easy to clean and germ resistant.
One thing that drives customers to quartz countertops is the variety of colors available from earth and neutral tones to bright, primary colors. Some of the benefits of choosing quartz:
- A scratch and chip resistant surface that is incredibly hard.
- Because it is so nonporous it is nearly stain-proof.
- Maintenance-free with no sealing required.
- Resistant to bacteria, mold and mildew making it excellent for kitchen or bath.
- Choose from many edge profiles.